28 Of The Best Kitchen Gadgets in Summer 2019 1.. Brieftons QuickPush Food Chopper Chop and dice in one swift motion with this easy to use food chopper. Great for all fruits and vegetables Save half the time with your chopping and purchase Brieftons Quick […]
Author: Easy Cooked Meals
Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Servings 2-3 people Kitchen Equipment That I Used For This Recipe ( To view the products in more detail click on the Amazon affiliate links below) Jamie Oliver Tefal Titanium Ultra-Resistant Non-stick Saute Pan & Lid – 24cm / 2.9 Litre […]
I am sitting here thinking what are the top 5 ingredients for spaghetti bolognese that people love so I have done some research and found some answers. These ingredients make spaghetti bolognese full of flavour.
The top 5 ingredients are mushrooms, peppers, garlic, coriander and onions. Now let’s have a look at why they are the top 5 ingredients and find out some of the benefits of eating these ingredients.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Mushrooms
- Mushrooms are high in antioxidants just like green and red peppers
- Mushrooms are rich in fibre which helps with the digestive system and reduces the risk of heart disease and metabolic syndrome
- Mushrooms contain vitamin C content which contributes to cardiovascular health potassium and sodium which work together to help regulate and lower blood pressure levels as well as decreasing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Peppers
- Just like Mushrooms, Peppers are rich in vitamin C which helps with iron levels, high blood pressure and the immune system
- Peppers are rich in B6 and folate which prevents anaemia.
- If you suffer from diarrhoea and nausea, peppers can help with the digestive systems as they are rich in niacin which is a vitamin B. This will help prevent nausea and diarrhoea.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Garlic
- If you suffer from acne eating garlic will help purify your blood from inside which will then help with getting healthy skin on the outside. Garlic also slows down the depletion of collagen which leads to loss of elasticity ageing skin
- Eating garlic will help improve your immune system and provides you relief from those stubborn colds and flu.
- Easting garlic is great for working wonders on skin infection, fungal infections and also helps provide relief for eczema.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Coriander
- Coriander contains borneol and linalool which aids in the digestion, functioning of the liver and bonding the bowels.
- Coriander contains citronellol which is a component of essential oils these oils helps prevent bad breath and mouth ulcers
- Coriander contains a rich sauce of calcium which helps improve bone health and helps protect against osteoporosis.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Onions
- Onions are loaded with antioxidants which helps lower the risk of heart disease and diabetes. They are also good for toothache. If you have a swollen gum place a piece of sliced onion onto the gum and this will help relieve some of the pain.
- Eating onions will help control blood sugar levels.
- Just like peppers onions also help with the digestive system, they are rich in fibre and prebiotics which help in gut health.
Where Is The Best Place To Buy The Top 5 Ingredients For Spaghetti Bolognese?
As I live in the UK my answer to this question will be purely based on the UK only.
There are many places where you can buy these ingredients like Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose, Aldi & Lidl but my favourite place is either the local farm shop or from a farm that has awesome reviews.
My preference when buying vegetables and meat is to buy organic produce.
Why Organic I hear you ask?
Organic produce has a more natural taste to it and is higher in nutritional value compared to conventional food. Conventional food is also treated with chemicals which isn’t good for our stomachs compared to organic produce where no chemicals are used.
So where is the best place to buy the top 5 ingredients?
Riverford Organic Farm
Riverford offers a variety of organic ready-made fruit, vegetables and meat boxes that can be shipped straight to your home within 3 days of purchase. Their customer service is outstanding both on the phone and face to face and you can even set up a direct debit so that you receive your fruit, vegetables and meat on a weekly basis.
You can also customise your own boxes online or by speaking to them over the phone.
Take a look at their website by clicking on one of the images below.
Now that you know what the top 5 ingredients for spaghetti bolognese are let’s move on and find out how we make a delicious spaghetti bolognese and what kitchen equipment I use for this recipe
Below is the delicious Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- 1 Kallo Organic Beef Stock Cube
- 250 ml Water
- 250 grams Organic Mince Beef
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 4 Closed Cup Mushrooms
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ½ Red Chilli
- 400 grams Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Maldon Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 250 grams Spaghetti
- 200 grams Kidney Beans
- 75 grams Curly Kale
- Give the green pepper and red chilli a wash and using a piece of kitchen tissue wipe away any soil left on the mushrooms
- Slice the green pepper into small pieces like in the image and also slice the onion and mushrooms and leave to one side
- Using a garlic crusher, crush the garlic clove and thinly slice the red chilli
- Add 1 litre of water to a large saucepan and then add 1tsp of sea salt and then turn on the heat to boil the water. ( You will need 250ml of boiled water for the kallo organic beef stock and the rest will be for the spaghetti)
- Add the olive oil to the frying pan and turn on the heat. Once the oil has heated up add the organic mince beef to the pan and fry for around 4 minutes on a low-medium heat making sure you give the mince an occasional stir.
- Once the organic mince beef, is browned transfer the minced beef into a sieve or colander to drain any excess liquid from the pan and leave the mince to one side.
- Give the frying pan a rinse or wipe with a piece of kitchen tissue and then add 1tbs of olive oil to the pan. Once the olive oil has heated up add the mushrooms, onion, pepper, crushed garlic and chilli and give everything a stir.
- Now add the oregano. Cook the vegetables for around 3 minutes or until nice and soft and then add the minced beef back into the pan and stir well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans to the pan and using a measuring jug, measure out 250ml of the boiled and then add the kallo stock cube. Stir the stock cube into the boiled water until the stock cube has absorbed into the water.
- Add 175ml of beef stock to the frying pan along with the tomato puree and curly kale. Give the ingredients a good stir and bring to the boil. Once at boiling point reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on
- After 5 minutes give everything a stir and then add the spaghetti to the boiling water in the large saucepan and cook according to the packet instructions. Spaghetti usually takes around 10 minutes.
- Serve with some grated parmesan cheese and enjoy this delicious meal.
Kitchen Equipment Used For This Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Tefal Titanium Ultra-Resistant Non-stick Saute Pan & Lid – 24cm / 2.9 Litre
- LiveFresh Stainless Steel Micro-perforated 4.7 Liter Colander
- Tefal C973S344 Comfort Max Stainless Steel Saucepan Set, 3 Pieces – Silver
- Tala Wooden Spatula Set
- OXO Good Grips Garlic Press – Black
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Jug, 1L
- Apollo Cutting Board, Wood – Small
- Morphy Richards Accents Knife Block, Satin, Stainless Steel Finish, Titanium, 5 Piece
So What Kitchen Equipment Did I Use?
I use a variety of kitchen equipment all of which was purchased on Amazon. Below is what I used.
I really like this Tefal Jamie Oliver pan because of the spec- I’ve had 3 of these so far – 1 Wok, Saucepan and this one. With its solid construction, long lasting coating and very good handles everything is perfect for frying those tasty vegetables and meat. I wouldn’t spend any more on a pan just get this series from Tefal. If you are a keen cook like me then this will do more than the job and lasts well.
This Colander is perfect and somewhere between a sieve and a colander making it a great choice for draining cooked rice or pasta as I do.
Tefal C973S344 Comfort Max Stainless Steel Saucepan Set, 3 Pieces – Silver
These saucepans are the best I’ve ever bought compared to other makes that I’ve used in the past. I find that Tefal makes things that last well. The large saucepan out of this 3 piece set is what I use for cooking spaghetti. I’ve had my saucepans for just over a year now and they still look brand new! They are also dishwasher safe and you can also put them in the oven as long as you don’t go above 180 degrees.
This is one of the best spatula set I’ve purchased they are very reasonably priced and good quality unlike some other that I have seen. I prefer wooden spatulas compared with plastic or silicone one and these are great for stirring pasta or the bolognese sauce and will last a fair while.
I have used my pyrex measuring jug for some time now it is great for measuring water and milk for either cooking meal recipes or baking recipes. You can also use it in a microwave and it’s also easy to clean and good quality.
I use 2 of these for vegetables and one for meat. They are easy to clean and very well made and reasonably priced.
Before I bought the Morphy Richards Accents Knife set I used a set that I purchased from Tesco. I can honestly say that these knives are the sharpest knives I’ve ever used and compared to the knife set I had previously they take me less time to chop fruit and vegetables than the Tesco ones.
I have given you some great information on
- The Top 5 Ingredients For Spaghetti Bolognese and what the benefits are.
- The best place to buy vegetables and meat
- A delicious spaghetti bolognese recipe with instructions
- A list of kitchen equipment that I use along with links to buying those products.
Thank you for reading my post please feel free to leave me a comment in the comments section below and tell me what you think about this post.
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Closed Cup Mushrooms
- Handful Of Spinach Leaves
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1tsp Dried Coriander Leaf
- 1tsp Dried Basil
- 10 Asparagus Stalks
- 1 Cup or 270g Risotto Rice
- 550ml water
- 1tbs Of Unsalted Butter
- 1tbs of Coconut Oil
- 1 Kallo Organic Vegetable Stock Cube
For the Vegetarian Risotto Recipe, I use the bellow Kitchen equipment all of which I purchased from Amazon.co.uk,
Click on the links below to view the products on Amazon. ( Please note that these links are affiliate links and prices for the products are no different than without the links.
- Wooden Spoon
- Murphy Richards Medium Sized Saucepan
- Garlic Clove Crusher
- Tefal Frying Pan With Lid
- Murphy Richards Kitchen Knife Set
- Medium sized Sieve
- Potato Peeler
1. Give the yellow pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, and spinach leaves a wash over the sink using tap water.
2. Finally slice the yellow pepper, mushrooms, red onion and asparagus making sure to take out all the seeds from the middle of the yellow paper and also cut the end off the asparagus stalks.
3. Cut the ends off of the carrot and using a potato peeler, peel the carrot so that you have long carrot peelings.
4. Using a garlic crusher ,crush the garlic clove and leave the one side
5. Using a measuring jug measure 550ml of water and then add it to the medium-sized saucepan and turn on the heat to boil the water. ( This will be used for the Kallo organic vegetable stock cube)
6. Add 1tbs of unsalted butter and 1tbs of Coconut oil ( purchased from evolution organics) to a frying pan and turn on the heat. Once the butter has melted add the pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, crushed garlic, basil, and coriander leaf to the frying pan and give them a good stir.
7. Cook the vegetables for 4 minutes or until softened on a medium heat
8. Add the risotto rice to a medium-sized sieve and give it a wash over the sink using cold tap water and then add the risotto rice to the frying pan with the vegetables. Stir the risotto rice into the vegetables.
9. The water in the saucepan should now be boiling, add the vegetable stock cube and using either folk or a whisk mix the cube into the boiling water so that there are no lumps left.
10. Add 2 cups of the vegetable stock to the frying pan and give everything a stir. Once everything starts simmering reduce the heat and place a lid on top of the frying pan.
11. Cook the risotto for 20 minutes, making sure you give everything a stir every 2-3 minutes. Add some more stock to the pan after the first 5 minutes.
12. With 5 minutes remaining add the spinach leaves in with the risotto.
13. After 20 minutes the risotto rice should be nice and soft, if it is still hard you will need to add some more stock to the frying pan and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
14. Serve and enjoy this delicious vegetarian risotto recipe with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.
For extras – I recommend having some garlic bread with this meal.
Vegetarian Risotto Recipe
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Large Carrot
- 10 Asparagas Stalks
- 3 Closed Cup Mushrooms
- Handful Of Spinach Leaves
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 270 grams Risotto Rice
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Coriander
- 550 ml Water
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Kallo Organic Vegetable Stock Cube
- Give the yellow pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, and spinach leaves a wash over the sink using tap water.
- Finally slice the yellow pepper, mushrooms, red onion and asparagus making sure to take out all the seeds from the middle of the yellow paper and also cut the end off the asparagus stalks.
- Cut the ends off of the carrot and using a potato peeler, peel the carrot so that you have long carrot peelings.
- Using a garlic crusher, crush the garlic clove and leave the one side
- Using a measuring jug measure 550ml of water and then add it to the medium-sized saucepan and turn on the heat to boil the water. ( This will be used for the Kallo organic vegetable stock cube)
- Add 2tbs of unsalted butter to a frying pan and turn on the heat. Once the butter has melted add the pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, crushed garlic, basil, and coriander leaf to the frying pan and give them a good stir.
- Cook the vegetables for 4 minutes or until softened on a medium heat
- Add the risotto rice to a medium-sized sieve and give it a wash over the sink using cold tap water and then add the risotto rice to the frying pan with the vegetables. Stir the risotto rice into the vegetables.
- The water in the saucepan should now be boiling, add the vegetable stock cube and using either folk or a whisk mix the cube into the boiling water so that there are no lumps left.
- Add 2 cups of the vegetable stock to the frying pan and give everything a stir. Once everything starts simmering reduce the heat and place a lid on top of the frying pan.
- Cook the risotto for 20 minutes, making sure you give everything a stir every 2-3 minutes. Add some more stock to the pan after the first 5 minutes.
- With 5 minutes remaining add the spinach leaves in with the risotto.
- After 20 minutes the risotto rice should be nice and soft, if it is still hard you will need to add some more stock to the frying pan and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious vegetarian risotto recipe with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.
Ingredients 250g Cheddar Cheese 75g Parmesan Cheese 500ml Whole Milk 2tbs Unsalted Butter 2½ tbs Plain Flour 4 Bacon Rashers 325g Conchiglie Pasta 150g Curly Kale Equipment needed Medium sized saucepan Large Saucepan Cheese Grater Measuring Jug A Large bowl Baking Dish Whisk Large Spoon […]
For this easy side salad recipe you will need the following ingredients
- 2x Celery Sticks
- 1x Beatroot
- Half A Cucumber
- 6X Cherry Tomatoes
- 1X Avocado
- 2 Handfuls of wild rocket salad
- Half A Lemon
1. Put the celery sticks, tomatoes, cucumber in a colander and give them a wash with cold water over the sink. You will also need to wash the wild rocket salad separately.
2. Slice the celery sticks, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and beetroot
3. Now cut the avocado in half and take out the pip and then either squeeze the flesh of the avocado away from the skin or use a tablespoon to scoop the flesh out and then slice the avocado.
4. Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and then using half a lemon squeezed over the salad some juice from the lemon
5. Using clean hands mix all the easy side salad recipe ingredients together, serve and enjoy.
This meal is for 2 people Ingredients 1x Organic Brown Onion 2x Organic Parsnips 3x Organic Carrots 1x Organic Broccoli 8 x Medium Sized Organic Potatoes 2 Handfuls Of Spinach Leafs 1tsp Dried Oregano 2x Organic Chicken Thighs 2x Organic Chicken Legs 1tsp dried basil […]