Chicken Risotto With Kallo Stock Pot
This meal is for 2-3 people and takes around 30 minutes to prepare the ingredients and cook them.
- 6 X Closed Cup Mushrooms
- 1 X Yellow Pepper
- 2 X Brown Onions
- 1 X Large Garlic Clove
- 1 X Kallo Chicken Stock Pot
- 1 Cup Of Risotto Rice
- 1tbs Of unsalted butter
- 2 x Chicken Breast or 4 X Chicken Thighs
- 1tsp Oregano
- 1tsp of Coriander Leaf
- 1X Handful of Spinach Leafs
- Pinch or sea salt and black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
1 .Firstly give the yellow pepper a wash and wipe away any soil that is left on the closed cup mushrooms.
2. Now finally cut the onion, yellow pepper, mushrooms and garlic clove
3. Once you have prepared the vegetables finally slice the chicken thighs/breast using a separate chopping board than the one you used for the vegetables.
4. Now that you have prepared the chicken thighs/breast and vegetables add 600ml of water to a medium sized saucepan and turn on the heat. Once the water starts boiling turn off the heat and add the kallo chicken stock pot to the water and give it a good stir. (You will need this for later “ step 7”)
5. Add 1 tbs of unsalted butter to a frying pan and turn on the heat. Now add the chicken thighs/breast and fry for around 3-4 minutes and then add the vegetables and garlic to the frying pan along with 1tsp oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper and give it a good stir
6. Now add the risotto to the frying pan and mix in well with the chicken and vegetables
7. Add half of the chicken stock to the frying pan and mix well
8. Bring to the boil for 4-5 minutes and then reduce the heat to a low heat and then put a lid on the frying pan. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally and adding some more chicken stock as and when needed.
9. 3 minutes before serving the chicken risotto add the spinach leafs to the pan and mix well.
10. When the Chicken Risotto is cooked serve and add some grated parmesan cheese on top
For this meal I recommend having some garlic bread with it.