Chicken Roast Dinner Recipe With Vegetables & Gravy
This meal is for 2 people
- 1x Organic Brown Onion
- 2x Organic Parsnips
- 3x Organic Carrots
- 1x Organic Broccoli
- 8 x Medium Sized Organic Potatoes
- 2 Handfuls Of Spinach Leafs
- 1tsp Dried Oregano
- 2x Organic Chicken Thighs
- 2x Organic Chicken Legs
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1tsp dried paprika
1 . Pre Heat oven to 180 degrees for an electric oven and gas mark 4 for a gas oven.
2. Prepare the organic chicken thighs and legs by firstly adding 1tbs of olive oil to a large bowl followed by 1 tsp basil, 1tbs paprika, and some salt and pepper and then mix everything together using a spoon. Now add the chicken thighs and legs to the bowl and using your hands rub the mixture into the chicken thighs and legs. ( Leave to one side until step 9 )
3. Peel the parsnips, carrots, potatoes and onion.
4. Cut the potatoes and onion in half and then cut the parsnips and carrots longways into 4 pieces like in the image shown below.
5. Now add one and a half tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil to a large ovenproof dish and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes take the oven dish out of the oven ( The coconut oil/olive oil will be very hot) and put the vegetable in, turn them over so that the oil is cooked on them and then add 1 teaspoon of dried oregano plus a pinch of salt and pepper and turn the vegetables over again so that all the vegetables are coated. For extra flavour add some honey on the parsnips.
7. Now put the oven dish with the vegetables into the oven for around 45-50 minutes making sure after 20 minutes you turn them over.
8. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil to a medium-sized ovenproof dish and put that into the oven for 5 minutes.
9. After 5 minutes take the medium sized ovenproof dish out of the oven and add the chicken thighs and legs to the ovenproof dish and then put the chicken into the oven. Check the packaging for cooking times.
10. Now prepare the broccoli by cutting the large stem off and leaving the smaller stems in place like in the image shown below and then give them a wash along with the spinach leaves using a colander.
11. With 10 minutes to go before the vegetables in the oven are done put the broccoli into a steamer and then add the spinach with 3 minutes to go. If you don’t have a steamer you can boil the broccoli and spinach instead and then use the water at the end for your gravy.
12. Using boiled water add some chicken gravy granules to the boiled water and give it a good stir
13. Check all the vegetables are cooked making sure the vegetables in the oven are soft and not hard still and also check the chicken making sure all the juices run clear.
14. Serve the chicken and vegetables with some chicken gravy and enjoy.