Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Servings 2-3 people Kitchen Equipment That I Used For This Recipe ( To view the products in more detail click on the Amazon affiliate links below) Jamie Oliver Tefal Titanium Ultra-Resistant Non-stick Saute Pan & Lid – 24cm / 2.9 Litre…
Tag: spaghetti bolognese
I am sitting here thinking what are the top 5 ingredients for spaghetti bolognese that people love so I have done some research and found some answers. These ingredients make spaghetti bolognese full of flavour. The top 5 ingredients are mushrooms, peppers, garlic, coriander and…
Serves 2-3 people
Prep Time = 15 Minutes
Cook Time = 30 minutes
- 250g Organic Mince Beef
- 1x Onion
- 5 x Closed Cup Mushrooms
- 1 x Red Pepper
- 1 x Garlic Clove
- 2 x Celery Sticks
- 1x 400g Tin Of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1x 420g Tin Of Kidney Beans
- 1x 420g Tin Of Butter Beans
- 1x Kallo Organic Beef Stock Cube
- 1tsp Basil
- 1tsp Oregano
- 1tbsp Of Tomato Puree
- 250g Spagetti
- Handful of spinach leafs
- Extras recommendation – Garlic Bread
1.. Fill a small saucepan with 400ml of water and turn on the heat to boil ( This will be for the kallo organic beef stock cube and for “step 11”) Alternatively you can skip this step and use boiling water from a kettle when it comes to step 11.
2. If your having garlic bread pre heat the oven to 180 degrees for a fan oven and gas mark 4 for a gas oven
3. Now wash the pepper & celery and wipe away any soil left on the mushroom using some kitchen roll. .
4. Finally chop the onion, mushrooms, pepper, celery sticks and garlic clove
Open the tins of kidney beans and butter beans and give them a good wash using a colander over the sink ( Give one of the tins a rinse as you will need one of the empty tins for later “ Step 7” )
5. Add 1tbp of coconut oil to a frying pan and turn on the heat. Once the coconut oil has heated up add 250g of organic mince beef to the frying pan and occasionally give it a stir. Fry for around 3-4 minutes on a medium heat until browned.
6. Once the organic mince beef is browned turn off the heat and drain any fat that is left in the frying pan into one of the tins from step 5. Leave the mince beef in the sieve over one of the tins until the veg is done ( step 8)
7. Now using some kitchen roll wipe away any excess fat left in the frying pan and then add 1tbsp of coconut oil and turn the heat back on to a medium heat.
8. Once the frying pan is heated up add the mushrooms, onions, pepper, celery stick and garlic and then add 1tsp of oregano, 1 tsp of basil and some salt and pepper and fry for around 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
9. Once the vegetables have softened add the organic mince beef back into the frying pan and stir.
10. Add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and butter beans and then using a measuring jug take out 400ml of boiling water from the large saucepan and add the kallo organic beef stock cube to the jug and then mix well.
11. Now add around 250ml of the beef stock plus 1tbsp of tomato puree and then give everything a good stir.
12. Once everything is simmering reduce the heat slightly and then put a lid on the frying pan.( Cook for around 20 minutes and stir occasionally if you feel like you need to add some of the remaining stock to the pan)
13. Now fill a large saucepan with 2litres of water and turn on the heat. ( You will need this for the spaghetti)
14. After 5 minutes of the Bolognese simmering add the garlic bread to the oven ( check the packaging for cooking times, usually garlic bread takes around 10 minutes from chilled and 15 minutes from frozen) and then wait for another 5 minutes and add the spaghetti to the boiling water in the large saucepan ( check the packaging for timings, spaghetti usually takes around 10 minutes but check from time to time to see if the spaghetti is soft and not hard)
15. Once everything is cooked served on a plate with some grated parmesan cheese on top and enjoy :).