The Top 5 Ingredients For Spaghetti Bolognese
I am sitting here thinking what are the top 5 ingredients for spaghetti bolognese that people love so I have done some research and found some answers. These ingredients make spaghetti bolognese full of flavour.
The top 5 ingredients are mushrooms, peppers, garlic, coriander and onions. Now let’s have a look at why they are the top 5 ingredients and find out some of the benefits of eating these ingredients.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Mushrooms
- Mushrooms are high in antioxidants just like green and red peppers
- Mushrooms are rich in fibre which helps with the digestive system and reduces the risk of heart disease and metabolic syndrome
- Mushrooms contain vitamin C content which contributes to cardiovascular health potassium and sodium which work together to help regulate and lower blood pressure levels as well as decreasing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Peppers
- Just like Mushrooms, Peppers are rich in vitamin C which helps with iron levels, high blood pressure and the immune system
- Peppers are rich in B6 and folate which prevents anaemia.
- If you suffer from diarrhoea and nausea, peppers can help with the digestive systems as they are rich in niacin which is a vitamin B. This will help prevent nausea and diarrhoea.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Garlic
- If you suffer from acne eating garlic will help purify your blood from inside which will then help with getting healthy skin on the outside. Garlic also slows down the depletion of collagen which leads to loss of elasticity ageing skin
- Eating garlic will help improve your immune system and provides you relief from those stubborn colds and flu.
- Easting garlic is great for working wonders on skin infection, fungal infections and also helps provide relief for eczema.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Coriander
- Coriander contains borneol and linalool which aids in the digestion, functioning of the liver and bonding the bowels.
- Coriander contains citronellol which is a component of essential oils these oils helps prevent bad breath and mouth ulcers
- Coriander contains a rich sauce of calcium which helps improve bone health and helps protect against osteoporosis.
Here Are 3 Benefits For Onions
- Onions are loaded with antioxidants which helps lower the risk of heart disease and diabetes. They are also good for toothache. If you have a swollen gum place a piece of sliced onion onto the gum and this will help relieve some of the pain.
- Eating onions will help control blood sugar levels.
- Just like peppers onions also help with the digestive system, they are rich in fibre and prebiotics which help in gut health.
Where Is The Best Place To Buy The Top 5 Ingredients For Spaghetti Bolognese?
As I live in the UK my answer to this question will be purely based on the UK only.
There are many places where you can buy these ingredients like Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose, Aldi & Lidl but my favourite place is either the local farm shop or from a farm that has awesome reviews.
My preference when buying vegetables and meat is to buy organic produce.
Why Organic I hear you ask?
Organic produce has a more natural taste to it and is higher in nutritional value compared to conventional food. Conventional food is also treated with chemicals which isn’t good for our stomachs compared to organic produce where no chemicals are used.
So where is the best place to buy the top 5 ingredients?
Riverford Organic Farm
Riverford offers a variety of organic ready-made fruit, vegetables and meat boxes that can be shipped straight to your home within 3 days of purchase. Their customer service is outstanding both on the phone and face to face and you can even set up a direct debit so that you receive your fruit, vegetables and meat on a weekly basis.
You can also customise your own boxes online or by speaking to them over the phone.
Take a look at their website by clicking on one of the images below.
Now that you know what the top 5 ingredients for spaghetti bolognese are let’s move on and find out how we make a delicious spaghetti bolognese and what kitchen equipment I use for this recipe
Below is the delicious Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- 1 Kallo Organic Beef Stock Cube
- 250 ml Water
- 250 grams Organic Mince Beef
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 4 Closed Cup Mushrooms
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ½ Red Chilli
- 400 grams Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Maldon Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 250 grams Spaghetti
- 200 grams Kidney Beans
- 75 grams Curly Kale
- Give the green pepper and red chilli a wash and using a piece of kitchen tissue wipe away any soil left on the mushrooms
- Slice the green pepper into small pieces like in the image and also slice the onion and mushrooms and leave to one side
- Using a garlic crusher, crush the garlic clove and thinly slice the red chilli
- Add 1 litre of water to a large saucepan and then add 1tsp of sea salt and then turn on the heat to boil the water. ( You will need 250ml of boiled water for the kallo organic beef stock and the rest will be for the spaghetti)
- Add the olive oil to the frying pan and turn on the heat. Once the oil has heated up add the organic mince beef to the pan and fry for around 4 minutes on a low-medium heat making sure you give the mince an occasional stir.
- Once the organic mince beef, is browned transfer the minced beef into a sieve or colander to drain any excess liquid from the pan and leave the mince to one side.
- Give the frying pan a rinse or wipe with a piece of kitchen tissue and then add 1tbs of olive oil to the pan. Once the olive oil has heated up add the mushrooms, onion, pepper, crushed garlic and chilli and give everything a stir.
- Now add the oregano. Cook the vegetables for around 3 minutes or until nice and soft and then add the minced beef back into the pan and stir well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans to the pan and using a measuring jug, measure out 250ml of the boiled and then add the kallo stock cube. Stir the stock cube into the boiled water until the stock cube has absorbed into the water.
- Add 175ml of beef stock to the frying pan along with the tomato puree and curly kale. Give the ingredients a good stir and bring to the boil. Once at boiling point reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on
- After 5 minutes give everything a stir and then add the spaghetti to the boiling water in the large saucepan and cook according to the packet instructions. Spaghetti usually takes around 10 minutes.
- Serve with some grated parmesan cheese and enjoy this delicious meal.
Kitchen Equipment Used For This Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Tefal Titanium Ultra-Resistant Non-stick Saute Pan & Lid – 24cm / 2.9 Litre
- LiveFresh Stainless Steel Micro-perforated 4.7 Liter Colander
- Tefal C973S344 Comfort Max Stainless Steel Saucepan Set, 3 Pieces – Silver
- Tala Wooden Spatula Set
- OXO Good Grips Garlic Press – Black
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Jug, 1L
- Apollo Cutting Board, Wood – Small
- Morphy Richards Accents Knife Block, Satin, Stainless Steel Finish, Titanium, 5 Piece
So What Kitchen Equipment Did I Use?
I use a variety of kitchen equipment all of which was purchased on Amazon. Below is what I used.
I really like this Tefal Jamie Oliver pan because of the spec- I’ve had 3 of these so far – 1 Wok, Saucepan and this one. With its solid construction, long lasting coating and very good handles everything is perfect for frying those tasty vegetables and meat. I wouldn’t spend any more on a pan just get this series from Tefal. If you are a keen cook like me then this will do more than the job and lasts well.
This Colander is perfect and somewhere between a sieve and a colander making it a great choice for draining cooked rice or pasta as I do.
Tefal C973S344 Comfort Max Stainless Steel Saucepan Set, 3 Pieces – Silver
These saucepans are the best I’ve ever bought compared to other makes that I’ve used in the past. I find that Tefal makes things that last well. The large saucepan out of this 3 piece set is what I use for cooking spaghetti. I’ve had my saucepans for just over a year now and they still look brand new! They are also dishwasher safe and you can also put them in the oven as long as you don’t go above 180 degrees.
This is one of the best spatula set I’ve purchased they are very reasonably priced and good quality unlike some other that I have seen. I prefer wooden spatulas compared with plastic or silicone one and these are great for stirring pasta or the bolognese sauce and will last a fair while.
I have used my pyrex measuring jug for some time now it is great for measuring water and milk for either cooking meal recipes or baking recipes. You can also use it in a microwave and it’s also easy to clean and good quality.
I use 2 of these for vegetables and one for meat. They are easy to clean and very well made and reasonably priced.
Before I bought the Morphy Richards Accents Knife set I used a set that I purchased from Tesco. I can honestly say that these knives are the sharpest knives I’ve ever used and compared to the knife set I had previously they take me less time to chop fruit and vegetables than the Tesco ones.
I have given you some great information on
- The Top 5 Ingredients For Spaghetti Bolognese and what the benefits are.
- The best place to buy vegetables and meat
- A delicious spaghetti bolognese recipe with instructions
- A list of kitchen equipment that I use along with links to buying those products.
Thank you for reading my post please feel free to leave me a comment in the comments section below and tell me what you think about this post.